This is a great carseat for infants up to 30 lbs, 33 inches.
- Easy to snap into base, just pops right in
- The belt clips are metal and not the cheap plastic. They lock separately into the buckle making it easy to strap your child in
- It will last longer than most infant car seats that are limited to 22lbs, 29 inches. My son was 28.5 inches at 7 months. A normal infant carseat would have been to small for my son already. Infants must be refacing until they are at least one year and at least 20lbs. All infant carseats are refacing so it is good to buy one that will last longer.
- Material can be easily wiped for messes and spills
- Comes with an infant insert for newborns
- Has an extended shade cover- keeps sun out better
- Gets good safety ratings
- It has a rounded bottom, so it will not “click” into a shopping cart. This never stopped me from putting the carseat in the shopping cart. I just made sure to not push the shopping cart too fast over bumps and turns.
- Once your child is about 15 lbs this carseat gets heavy. It is really hard to carry. I bought a snap ‘n go stroller and just placed the carseat in the snap ‘n go frame and it made it easier to transport my son.
- They are a little pricey ($170 new). However, Babies R Us usually runs 20% of coupons and $20 off carseats frequently.
Rating: 4 (out of 5)
I only gave this carseat a 4/5 because of the high price, weight of the carseat, and it will not click into a shopping cart. Even though I only gave it a 4, I still would buy this carseat again. I have spoken with many friends and seen their carseat, as well as done a ton of research on carseats, and still feel like I made the best decision. I would strongly urge you to buy a snap ‘n go stroller frame if you plan on buying this stroller. It makes quick trips in and out of stores a snap!
Chicco Key Fit30 http://www.chiccousa.com/gear/car-seats/keyfit-30-race.aspx
Snap ‘n Go Stroller http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2327597&CAWELAID=107531233